Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are sent to your browser and stored on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) when you are on the Internet and visit a website, including L’Oréal Group’s websites.
The cookies send information back to the originating website or another website that recognizes these cookies.
Cookies can be permanent (these are known as persistent cookies) and remain on your computer until you delete them, or temporary (these are known as session cookies) and last only until you close your browser. Cookies can also be first-party cookies which are those set by the website which is being visited, or third-party cookies which are set by a website other than the one being visited.
We mainly use these cookies on our sites in order to make your browsing more pleasant and to improve the use and their functionality; for instance, to recognize you on your next login and to offer you content tailored to your expectations and your interests. We also use these cookies to perform traffic statistics and to determine how you discovered our sites.
The cookies we use on our website can be categorized as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies (mandatory): These cookies are essential in order to enable you to fully experience the website and use the features and functionalities available to you, such as access to secure areas of the website.
We use this type of cookies to handle user registration and login. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies are first-party cookies, and can be either permanent or temporary.
Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use a website, the pages visited and the adverts viewed, in order to provide a better user experience. These cookies do not personally identify individual visitors. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. These cookies could be permanent or temporary cookies, first-party or third-party cookies.
We use these cookies to:
- provide statistics on how our website is used
- measure the delivery and performance of our advertising campaigns
Advertising cookies:These cookies can be used to limit the number of times you see an advert and help manage the delivery of advertising campaigns. Advertising cookies are also used to customize the advertising across the website and make it more relevant to you.
The settings from the Internet browsers are usually programmed by default to accept cookies, but you can easily adjust it by changing the settings of your browser.
However, if you choose to disable the cookies on your browser, you might not be able to benefit from all the functionalities offered by our websites.
For more information on the setting of cookies, please consult the following links:
- For Internet Explorer™: windows.microsoft.com;
- For Safari™: support.apple.com;;
- For Chrome™: support.google.com;;
- For Firefox™: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences;
- For Opera™: help.opera.com
Cookies from third-party websites may be stored on your device and are aimed to personalize and/or improve the content (including advertising) which may be offered to you during your navigation. Depending on the supports, several cookies of third-party may be stored, including:
- Content of Social Networks: we may publish on our supports content from social networks. Thus, by consulting this content, a cookie from this social network may be stored on your device. Please note that we do not control any cookies which are used by these services so we invite you to read the Cookies Policy of these social networks for more information.
- Flash: Flash cookies are files stored by the software Flash. This tool is often set up as an extension of the Internet browsers in order to display dynamic objects, as animated graphics or video sequences. Thus, Flash cookies may be installed as of the use of this application. We invite you to read the Cookies Policy on the site www.adobe.com
We may put our cookies on websites of our partners broadcasting advertisement for our brands and/or products. These cookies are mainly used to present you appropriate content corresponding to your interests and evaluate the consultation of our content (including advertising).